Need something special?
How about hundreds of hours of streaming audio along with hundreds of pages fully cataloged over years by date, category and series?
That was the challenge Christ Church of Conroe, Texas, needed to put years of sermons online for world-wide distribution. Over the past six years every sermon has been put on the web for instant access. After you have reviewed the features listed below just click on the Church logo to check it out for yourself.
- Every sermon gets its own web page which displays the companion scripture text.
- Streaming audio of the complete sermon can be accessed through the embedded audio player at the top of the sermon page.
- Most sermons are part of a sermon series which stretches over multiple weeks so we needed a way to display the menu of all the sermons in the series.
- Sermons are often “tagged” by subject so that they can be grouped on-demand under other criteria such as a particular book of the bible or major subject of the sermon. Tagging not only helps organize the sermons in a unique way, but it provides extra search criteria for web search engines.
- Unlike the spartan approach taken by this web site, the object for Christ Church was to put as many links on the home page as possible to provide a wide range of choices for the visitor. This site has well over a hundred links on the home page and many of those links go to other pages (like monthly archives) which display even more links to sermons presented in a different arrangement.
- Prayer is an important part of church life and Christ Church needed a way to distribute prayer request to the members any time there is a need. We developed an efficient email system which allows designated church personnel to distribute a message to everyone on the master list by simply sending one email. Simple, efficient, reliable and used multiple times a week, this email system has become a primary method of communication in today’s connected world.
There are too many other features about this web site to list all of them here. If you want to explore the Christ Church web site for yourself and dream of the possibilities as they apply to your own site, just click on the church logo near the top of the page.